If you’re short on time but really want to become a diver, the Scuba Diver rating might be right for you ̶ particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily with a dive guide.
This course is an intermediate step for earning an open water diver certification, if that’s your ultimate goal.
- Minimum of 10 years old
- You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. (Download a medical statement and questionnaire here)
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
Duration: 2-3 days
Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a Professional to a maximum depth of 12 metres.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as properly supervised.
Continue dive training by completing the Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
The Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases:
Knowledge Development: only 3 sections of 5 theory sections, (online, independent study) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
Confined Water Dives: only the first 3 pool sessions to learn basic scuba skills
Open Water Dives: only two of four sea dives to explore the ocean.
- Instruction by an renewed PADI / RAID instructor
- 3 Pool sessions conducted in a heated swimming pool
- 2 Sea dives
- All equipment is supplied for the full duration of the course
- Registration with PADI /RAID both International Qualifications
- Certification Card or E card on successful completion of the course.
Course materials: Digital manual or hard copy manual price do differ