The rescue course expands your knowledge and experience beyond the recreational level and is where you learn to consider the needs of other divers. You will learn to respond to and manage problems, sharpen your observation skills and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature.
- Must be a certified Advanced Open Water diver (or an equivalent certification from another organization)
- Minimum of 15 years old
- Have a minimum of 12 hours logged underwater on Open Circuit equipment
- Must have a valid first aid, CPR and Oxygen provider certificate
What you will learn:
The Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills.
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
Duration: 2-3 days
- Practical Rescue Exercises and Scenarios
- Certification Card or E card on successful completion of the course
- Course materials