The DSAT Tec Deep Diver course has five primary goals:
- To qualify you to make gas switch, extended no decompression dives, decompression stop dives and accelerated decompression dives using air, enriched air and oxygen to 50 metres/165 feet, using technical diving equipment and procedures required to manage the risks involved.
- To train you in the motor skills required for technical scuba diving.
- To assure you understand and acknowledge the hazards and risks involved with the above types of technical diving, as well as the limits to training received in the course.
- To train you to prepare for and to respond to reasonably foreseeable emergencies that may occur in this type of technical diving.
- To provide the foundational skills for further training in technical diving.
This is the objective of being TEC Deep Diver.
Prior to enrolling in the Tec Diver course, you need to verify that you meet these prerequisites:
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent.
- Minimum age: 18 years.
- Certified as PADI Enriched Air Diver or equivalent.
- Certified as a PADI Deep Diver or equivalent. 5. Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 12 dives were deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and at least six dives were deeper than 30 metres/100 feet.
PREREQUISITES for RAID DECO40
- Minimum 16 years old with parent/guardian approval.
- Certified diver for at least 3 months.
- Certified RAID Explorer 30 or RAID Advanced 35 diver or equivalent
- Certified RAID Nitrox and RAID Deep 40 diver or equivalent.
- 20 logged hours underwater or 40 dives using open circuit.